Oklahoma Boating Laws
When you are involved in a boating accident in Oklahoma, state law states that you must do the following:
- You must stop and render whatever help is necessary to any person involved in a boating accident unless the action would endanger your own boat or passengers.
- All accidents must be reported to the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety, Lake Patrol Section. An accident report form must be submitted to the Lake Patrol Section if the accident resulted in:
- Property damage in excess of $500
- Death or disappearance of a person
- A person that is injured and required medical treatment.
- Reports of deaths or disappearances must be made by the quickest means possible to the police department, sheriffs office or highway patrol office.
- You must give your name, address and Certificate of Registration information in writing to any injured person and to the owner of any damaged property if you are involved in a boating accident.
- If an operator 16 years old or older, operating in a reckless manner, causes an accident resulting in the death of another person, the operator may be charged with negligent homicide.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma boat accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794