Oklahoma Vehicle Accidents
Ten Important Steps to Follow After an Automobile Accident
- Seek medical attention immediately. Symptoms may not show up for several days. Make sure your doctor knows that you have been in an automobile accident.
- Get all information available about the other driver(s) including name, address, phone number, date of birth, driver's license number, and insurance company information including policy number.
- Get as much information as possible on the make, model, year, and color of all the automobiles involved in the incident.
- Talk to the police officer(s) and get their name(s), badge number, report number, and when and where a police report will be available.
- Talk to any and all witnesses making sure to get their name, address, and phone numbers.
- ASAP write down as much information and detail about the accident. The longer you wait to do this the less you will likely to remember.
- If possible, take your own pictures of the scene as soon as possible, especially if the cars have not been removed from the scene.*
- Take as many detailed pictures as possible of any damage done to your automobile.*
- Take pictures of any injuries to yourself, including bruises, cuts, lesions, etc.*
- Be prepared! Keep the following items in your car in case of emergency
- First aid kit
- Jumper Cables
- Rag or paper towels
- Trash bags
*Special Note: When taking photographs, quality is tantamount to quantity. It is recommended that you use a 35mm film camera or higher quality digital camera, as opposed to a Polaroid camera or low quality digital camera, such as a camera phone. Remember, time is of the essence, so it is still best to use whatever options you have available to you at the time.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma car accident attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794