Common Birth Process Mistakes
Below are some typical Oklahoma medical professional mistakes that could have resulted in suffering for your newborn baby:
- Failure to properly diagnose, treat or assess changes in health condition of the mother during pregnancy, such as:
- change in blood pressure
- excessive or inadequate weight gain
- premature contractions
- excessive contractions
- premature labor
- leaking amniotic fluid
- bloody show
- adverse effects from the use of Prostaglandin to help induce labor
- Failure of your doctor to obtain and understand your family medical history and hereditary conditions or information about your prior pregnancies.
- Failure of medical staff to order or properly interpret specific tests during pregnancy, such as a fetal non-stress test, a fetal biophysical profile, a fetal ultrasound or a glucose tolerance test of the mother.
- Delay in decision to perform a necessary C-Section to avoid brain damage to the baby as a result of fetal distress, infection, or trauma.
- Failure to diagnose or treat Group B Beta Hemolytic Streptococcus infection in the mother or her baby, which if left untreated can cause significant brain damage to the baby.
- Failure to timely diagnose or prevent preterm or premature labor or delivery.
- Failure to properly determine the size of the baby during the pregnancy or failure to realize that there were problems in the pregnancy that were affecting the size of the baby.
- Failure to properly monitor fetal heart rate or failure to properly respond to a change in fetal heart rate during labor and delivery.
- Improper use of a vacuum extractor or forceps to assist in the delivery of the baby, resulting in:
- skull fractures
- facial scarring
- nerve injuries to the baby
- bleeding in the baby's brain
- brain damage.
We can handle your potential legal case if you are in any of these Oklahoma cities. Even if your city is not listed you may still speak with one of our Oklahoma birth injury attorneys by filling out our contact form or calling us toll-free at 1 (866) 664-0400.
Ada, Afton, Altus, Alva, Anadarko, Ardmore, Atoka, Bartlesville, Blackwell, Broken Arrow, Catoosa, Chandler, Checotah, Chickasha, Claremore, Clinton, Del City, Duncan, Durant, Edmond, El Reno, Elk City, Enid, Erick, Frederick, Glenpool, Grove, Guthrie, Guymon, Henryetta, Idabel, Lawton, Locust Grove, Mcalester, Miami, Midwest City, Moore, Muskogee, Norman, Oklahoma City, Okmulgee, Owasso, Pauls Valley, Perry, Ponca City, Poteau, Pryor, Roland, Sallisaw, Sand Springs, Savanna, Shawnee, Stillwater, Stilwell, Stroud, Tahlequah, Tulsa, Vinita, Wagoner, Weatherford, Woodward, Yukon
Copyright © 2006 Garrett Law Office, P.C.
111 W 5th Street | Tulsa, OK 74145
Phone: 918-622-9292 | Fax: 918-549-6794